Cara Putman’s Bucket List
Bucket lists are such fun ideas. A list of items, experiences, places we hope to have while we’re able. I haven’t written down a bucket list before, but it didn’t take long to create this list. You’ll see it’s a mix of writing and life goals and in no particular order:
- I would love to live in Europe for a year and take a slow tour of the countries there. While I’ve spent two months in Germany and parts of four summers in Italy, there are so many places inside those countries I still want to see as well as all the other countries I haven’t touched. I would love to do this in part through a Fulbright award. That would be a dream come true!
- Someday I want to see my books in foreign editions. That. Would. Be. Amazing. I have to admit the smallest flash of jealousy tinges the joy when I see my friends share beautiful covers of international versions of their stories. Someday I would love to have the same for my books.
- It is an absolute bucket list item to hit the NYTimes or USAToday Bestseller lists. Absolute dream. Absolutely outside my control. But something I pray and hope for. Then I get back to writing the best book I can.
- Viewing one of my books on the silver screen would be amazing. As would seeing it turned into a show for one of the networks. Yep, I might shriek myself silly if this one happened.
- I want to explore than land that Jesus walked. I want to sit on the banks of the Sea of Galilee and imagine Jesus healing and teaching. I want to trail my hand along the Old City Wall of Jerusalem and imagine Jesus walking the same roads. I want to see the places I’ve read about so many times in the Bible and in more recent histories. I want to smell it, taste it, hear it, live it.
- Stand and applaud as my children walk into lives and callings that combine the gifts and talents God has planted in them with the assurance of who they are in Him. With an identity fully rooted in Him, they will succeed in anything.
- Love my husband more in a year than I do today. And even more ten years from now, etc. I want to be the wife he needs to thrive and impact the world in the unique way God has called him to do.
- Have a guest home workers can use when they are on furlough from serving around the world. A place of retreat, rest, and launch.
These are a few of the heart dreams I have. Four have come true and still cause me to pinch myself. I’ve had amazing opportunities to travel in ways I could never have imagined. We’ve been able to take our kids abroad while I taught so that they know the world is much bigger than Indiana and the United States. And I get to teach at a Big Ten university in a business school that is world class. And I’m writing for my dream publisher. I am blessed.
Bestselling author Cara Putman returns with a romantic legal thriller that will challenge the assumptions of truth tellers everywhere.
Savannah Daniels has worked hard to build her law practice, to surround herself with good friends, and to be the loyal aunt her troubled niece can always count on. But since her ex-husband’s betrayal, she has trouble trusting anyone.
Jett Glover’s father committed suicide over a false newspaper report that ruined his reputation. Now a fierce champion of truth, Jett is writing the story of his journalism career—an international sex-trafficking exposé that will bring down a celebrity baseball player and the men closest to him, including Savannah’s ex-husband.
When Jett’s story breaks, tragedy ensues. Then a commercial airline crashes, and one of Savannah’s clients is implicated in the crash. Men connected to the scandal, including her ex, begin to die amid mysterious circumstances, and Savannah’s niece becomes an unwitting target.
Against their better instincts, Jett and Savannah join ranks to sort the facts from fiction. But can Savannah trust the reporter who threw her life into chaos? And can Jett face the possibility that he’s made the biggest mistake of his life?
Book Details:Genre: Political/Romantic Suspense Published by: Thomas Nelson Publication Date: April 7th 2020 Number of Pages: 336 ISBN: 078523327X (ISBN13: 9780785233275) Series: This is a Stand Alone Novel Purchase Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads
Read a new excerpt:
Cara Putman is the author of more than twenty-five legal thrillers, historical romances, and romantic suspense novels. She has won or been a finalist for honors including the ACFW Book of the Year and the Christian Retailing’s BEST Award. Cara graduated high school at sixteen, college at twenty, completed her law degree at twenty-seven, and recently received her MBA. She is a practicing attorney, teaches undergraduate and graduate law courses at a Big Ten business school, and is a homeschooling mom of four. She lives with her husband and children in Indiana.
Visit her at: CaraPutman.com, Goodreads, BookBub, Instagram, Twitter – @Cara_Putman, & Facebook – Cara.Putman!
Visit these other great hosts on this tour for more great reviews, interviews, guest posts, and giveaways!