The Wheels of Cady Grey
Cady Grey Mysteries Book 1
by Paul L. Arvidson
Publication Date: August 21, 2019
Guest Post by the Author
- Can you, for those who don’t know you already, tell something about yourself and how you became an author?
I started writing in between our two kids. I had loads of thinking time in the long dark hours of the night. When we found out our second kid had special needs, I needed to give up my job as a theatre lighting guy. At that point, I had to take up writing seriously to avoid cracking up.
- What is something unique/quirky about you?
I have a strawberry birthmark on the middle finger on my left hand (I always tell people, it goes with the 666 one on my head.)
- Tell us something really interesting that’s happened to you!
In my previous job as a lighting guy, I once lit the Queen (of England). She’s much smaller and much funnier than you think.
- What are some of your pet peeves?
“-isms”. Racism, sexism. Prejudice in general. Why?
- Where were you born/grew up at?
Liverpool (yes, where the Beatles came from, no I’ve never met them, though I did sit behind Paul McCartney’s brother in a theatre once)
- If you knew you’d die tomorrow, how would you spend your last day?
Hanging out with family and friends. That’s the clean answer. You wanted the clean answer, right?
- Who is your hero and why?
My daughters, for all they go through and how tough they are.
- What kind of world ruler would you be?
One that got people to organize themselves.
- What are you passionate about these days?
Writing, reading, making the world a tiny bit better for the kids. The NHS. (Uk health service)
- What do you do to unwind and relax?
Role-playing games (D&D that kind of thing, it’s cool to say that now since, Stranger Things, right?)
- How to find time to write as a parent?
My partner and I do swapsies.
- Describe yourself in 5 words or less!
Patient, Tired, Creative, Ditzy, Caring
- When did you first consider yourself a writer?
- Do you have a favorite movie?
When Harry Met Sally
- Which of your novels can you imagine made into a movie?
Wheels of Cady Grey is begging to be turned into a film!
- What literary pilgrimages have you gone on?
British Library, Chained Library of Wells, Bronte Parsonage (Charlotte Bronte…), Porlock (Coleridge stayed there)
- As a writer, what would you choose as your mascot/avatar/spirit animal?
Monkey (pretty much how my characters behave)
Get in the way of ruthless people and it’s gonna get you killed.
“Forget all you know about disabled people. This novel will blow everything you knew out of the window. A story of strength, intelligence, love and disability”.
Cady Grey is invisible. One of the ‘perks’ of being in a wheelchair. Sometimes it’s better that way, ‘specially when you’re a sweary, spitty teenage girl who’s main aim is getting through high-school in one piece.
But then a sinister shell company wants to knock their school down and is prepared to stop at nothing. She and her friends are the only ones invested enough to care and smart enough to investigate.
Regardless of the danger, Cady finally gives up being invisible to fight. And she discovers that getting in the way of politicians and their schemes might just get her killed.
“Cady, with spark, snark and enthusiasm will capture your heart in such a way you will want her to be your best friend. She is a voice, hero, and visibility for a young disabled generation, a guide for us all and a mystery to solve”.
Grab your copy of a thriller unlike any other!
PAUL ARVIDSON is a forty-something ex lighting designer who lives in rural Somerset. He juggles his non-author time bringing up his children and fighting against being sucked into his wife’s chicken breeding business.
The Dark Trilogy is his first series. He is also working on a thriller.
Take advantage of
this free novella on Bookfunnel!
this free novella on Bookfunnel!
Amazon gift card
Follow the tour HERE for special content and a giveaway!